Interior Home Painting
Interior home painting can be done effectively year-round, no matter the weather outdoors. We select premium paint for all jobs; however we are always willing to discuss your preferred brands. We will also consult on the most appropriate finish for a room’s walls and trim.
Other decisions, like paint color, will be left to you. To help you along the way, below are frequently asked questions:
What Can I Expect When I Hire ProTect Painters for Interior House Painting?
When you hire ProTect Painters for interior painting, you can expect our professional painters to bring the right equipment, do extensive prep work, and to execute the job for long-lasting results. Further details on these steps include the following:
1. Room Setup
- move and/or cover furniture
- remove all fixtures
- cover floors with wall-to-wall drop cloths
2. Room Preparation
- scuff or sand surfaces
- fill holes and cracks
- caulk gaps in trim
- seal stains
- wash surfaces as needed/required
- prime surfaces as needed
- apply paint with proper tools and techniques
- apply straight cut lines between walls and trim
- area clean up
4. Final Inspection
- complete and thorough project walk-around with your crew
- final touch-ups where required
- area clean up
- final project walk around ProTect Painters owner
To make sure your needs are covered after we leave, we also offer a free 2 year warranty on all work we perform.
How Should I Pick my Interior Paint Color?
Our interior painters can share more tips with you; however, most homeowners find these tips helpful when selecting an interior paint color:
- Dark colors recede, while light colors advance. To make a narrow room wider, paint the end walls dark and the long walls light. Same applies for small rooms and big rooms. To make a small room look bigger, use lighter shades of paint. To make a large room feel smaller, select darker shades.
- View paint swatches during the day and at night.
- Choose a single color to shine in a space; other colors should only be used as accents.
- Read our blog or visit our painting tips and trends page to find more color inspiration as well as the latest trends.
What Type of Paint Do you Use?
We are happy to use the brand of paint you prefer; however, we partner with Sherwin-Williams, Behr and Benjamin Moore for trends, training, and more. Learn more about our preferred painting partners.
To start your interior house painting project, contact your local ProTect Painters.